The LUNACUP menstrual cup is made of medical-grade silicone KEG-2003H, the platinum quality.
The used medical silicone KEG-2003H made by renowned Japanese company ShinEtsu complies with the American USP Class VI. certification as well as European certification ISO 10993. Material is also certified as material for short term medical implants.
The medical-grade silicone has the following advantages:
- It doesn’t cause allergic reactions - hypoallergenic
- It doesn’t allow bacteria to multiply (contrary to pads/tampons) - antibacterial
- Soft, flexible and durable
- It doesn't affect the environment of the vagina nor affects the pH
- Medical grade silicone is used in medicine for more than 50 years. It is used for example as a base for contact lenses or cardiac valve replacement
I bet it is hard to imagine using a piece of cellulose as an implant or contact lenses.
Yet you insert the same piece of cellulose into your most intimate body part.
The LUNACUP menstrual cup, on the other hand, is made of medical-grade silicone - a material designed to be inserted into the human body, including long-term implants. Therefore it is perfectly safe to insert it into your body.
SGS S.A., an independent testing and certification company
“No harmful microorganism was detected. The LUNACUP evolution menstrual cup fully complies with our demands“
The National Institute of Public Health of the Czech republic
„The menstrual cup LUNACUP is safe in contact with human skin.“
Accurate techno. Co. LTD, certified testing laboratory
“The LUNACUP menstrual cup does not contain any harmful substances*.”
*no harmful substances (metals, BPA, phthalates, and other compounds). | Does not contain allergens (rubber, latex).| Complies with international standards. |Material designed to be inserted into the human body.
Author: Tereza Morávková, LUNACUP, What are lunacup menstrual cu